How can you prevent and minimize injection bruises?
While we might not always prevent bruises we can take steps to minimize them.
At Eleve we recommend that all our patients follow these simple suggestions BEFORE filler injections:
- Do not take any aspirin, ibuprofen or similar products (Advil, Motrin, Aleve) for 1 week prior to filler. If you are in pain you may take Tylenol.
- Avoid fish oil, Vitamin E, and gingko biloba for 1 week prior to filler.
- Eat spinach, kale, and celery the week before your injection appointment to boost your levels of Vitamin K.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages 2 days prior to injections.
- Apply VitaMedica Arnica + K Cream to areas most affecting by bruising (around the mouth and under the eyes) for several days before filler and Botox injections. This product contains Arnica and Vitamin K and is available for purchase at Eleve
We recommend the following AFTER injections:
- Apply ice immediately after filler, we will supply your first bag.
- Cold gel packs are good too if the cool lasts for 20 minutes.
- Continue to ice for swelling and soreness for as long as necessary – especially in the morning.
- Take orally – VitaMedica Arnica
- Apply VitaMedica Arnica and K Creamto areas that are bruised or swollen.
- Try to avoid alcoholic beverages for 24 hrs after injections.
- Do not take any aspirin, ibuprofen or similar products (Advil, Motrin, Aleve) for 2 days after treatment. Tylenol is fine.
- Always wear a sunscreen with antioxidants to protect the skin and prevent free radicals damage.